Singapore Buses route 506 is an Express service running between Jurong East and Upper East Coast, passing through Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North.
Spanning East and West, Express service 506 plies between the residential estates of Jurong East and Upper East Coast, via Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North. It incorporates an express sector along the PIE between Bukit Batok and Toa Payoh, as well as between Kim Keat Link and Jalan Eunos.
Much of the express sectors of this route plies the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), however buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions.
Despite being an express route, other basic bus services compliment the route over various sectors. Service 985 connects Bukit Batok with Jalan Toa Payoh also via PIE, services 5 / 59 connect Lorong 6 Toa Payoh / Jalan Toa Payoh to Jalan Eunos, and 46 connects between Bedok North Avenue 3 and Upper East Coast.
- 1998: Introduced between Jurong East Int and Bedok Int
- 2000: Extended to Changi Airport
- 2002 (15 Sep): Shortened back to Bedok Int
- 2006 (12 Nov): Extended to Upper East Coast, calling at additional bus stops along Bedok North Ave 3, New Upp Changi Rd & Bedok South Ave 3
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (09 Mar): Start of Double Deckers being deployed on this service
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Bef PIE along Bukit Batok Rd