Service 46 is a trunk bus service, operating between Upper East Coast and Tampines. It travels via Bedok South, Bedok North and Tampines West. Service 46 commenced operations on Sunday, 12 June 2016 as the 67th route under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Bus Service 46 benefits commuters in Tampines West by providing an alternative bus service that runs parallel to:
- Townlink Bus Service 291 (Tampines Street 83)
- Townlink Bus Service 293 (Tampines Ave 3)
- Bus Service 22 (Tampines Ave 4)
Bus Service 46 also runs parallel to Express Bus Service 506, serving Fengshan estate. Previously, only Express Bus Service 506 serves as a direct link between Bedok South and North while charging express bus fares. The trunk route nature of Bus Service 46 would see a reduction in bus fares for commuters previously relying on Express 506 between Bedok North & South.
Service 46 uses leftover buses including the buses that are primarily used on service 66 (SBS3839D and SBS3841X). SBS3818P was also used at the point, which was originally using it on service 518 for a while now.
- Bedok North Avenue 3 (Stonehills Station Exit A)
- Bedok Reservoir Road (opp The Clearwater Condo)
- Bedok Reservoir Road (opp Bedok Reformative Training Centre)
- Tampines Avenue 4 (opp East View Pri Sch)
- Tampines Avenue 3 (Blk 819)
- Tampines Avenue 3 (Blk 827)